Thursday, May 17, 2012

O the love from the God of the Universe... (part1)

Hey you all



I hope that you are doing well. This is what has been happening in my life as of late. I am here in Korea for going on the fifth month. These past four months have been a roller costar but a blessing. I have felt very alone, I have been overwhelmed, I am blessed. I am enriched, I have been challenged, I have been broken down, I have been lifted but, but I survive and more then just survive I am thriving, by the grace of God.


Within the last month I have had the pleasure to go to Seoul with my group of teachers and visit the last palace of the last known Princess of Korea. it was a wonderful time and a good time to rest. I needed that time to relax. we went and saw the palace and walked around. it was wonderful. I was walking around with one of my friends and she and I wandered around and eventually found ourselves at this one place in at the back of the grounds where we could no longer hear the roars of the cars or the chatter of people but what we did hear was the whisper of the past. it was almost as though we could heard the clog clog clog clog of the wooden shoes of the King or the scuffing of the Princess' Hanbok 한복 dragging upon the cobble stones of the palace grounds. It was so peaceful and wonderful. I plan on going back with my friend in August and going back into the area called the Secret Garden.


I've been working each day. I am teaching Kindergarteners, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th graders. I love my kids so very much! I've been having my kids come and speak to me in English during lunch and they are getting better little bit by little bit. They have such wonderful hearts though sometimes they can be such butt heads ha. We also have schools come three days a week and we teach 5 classes each to these kids. There was this group that came last week. they must have been from a smaller school because they were not used to having native English Speakers. I was standing outside of a room because the class was not done yet and this room was the play room of sorts. I was standing blocking the door and a group was gathering right in front of me and I wasn't paying them any attention or anything but then one of them said 선생님 which is teacher in Korean and I looked at him and said 무 which means what? and then they all started saying it one by one. haha they would laugh and then just star at me in the eyes. finally I was like WHAT? haha and then one girl 아름다운 눈 which means beautiful eyes. Haha It was a wonderful complement and for the next 5 mins i stood there and just stared into the eyes of each student and I could not help but pray for each of them.

I don't know if you have read or if I have posted but I am doing a Bible study over John with now three Korean ladies and few American ladies. it is going slow but I love it and these ladies. I had the distinct honor of going to one girl's church *her father is the pastor* and I shared my testimony and sang a song for the church. it was a gathering of about 10 but it was a huge blessing and I feel like this is what I'm meant to be doing right now here and there...I'm finally getting it!

No comments: