Friday, July 23, 2010

Rambelings of a Broken Heart

God's been challenging me so Much lately and if you've ever been challenged by God you knwo in your head it's a good thing but you almost never like it...same goes for me.

I've been going to this Bible study and the teacher Roger has talked about Shame so much and the differnce between Shame and Guilt. but first what causes shame....
wellll we all have hurts...little hurts that consume our hearts. our hurst are caused by a mean word or something done to us be it when we are young or older and it's like a grain of sand that's caught in a clams' mouth. The poor clam cannot spit it out or pull it out or get ride of it, therefor the clam puts up a thin layer of hardness around it over and over and over and over again over MANY years it becomes a pearl. we see a Pearl as something so precious but it's really a hurt masked over and over so many times... Jesus talks about our pearls

Matthew 7:6
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."

God is saying take care of your hurts. if you are stil dealing with the shame that is wrapped up in your hurts becareful with whom your share them. He also says...

James 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

so God is not saying that we have to concore the world alone or that we have to heal alone just to be careful of whom we share our pearls.
The difference between Shame and Guilt:

Shame-->hatred of whom I am
Guilt--->hatred of what I have done

Please pray that I would be released from my shame....and I pray you shall too if you trust me and or wanna chat feel free to comment or message me I'm here for there is joy
John 8:36
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."
And He is freeing us from that shame :) Love you guys

No comments: