Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Whispered Prayers on an October's Eve

Lord, here i sit under the canopy of stars arbored by the strong gentle branches of this tree, resting as the slightest breeze plays with my hair tickling my face. Countless thing try and draw my attention; sirens, cars, machines truing on and off, the baseball announcer droning off the score again, the crunch of people scuffing through a handful of fallen leaves, and yet here I still absorbed in Your stillness, in Your peace.

Finally, for once, nothing else matters, not homework or test or money or a job or a relationship or anything, only You. God here in these few moments of peace and a gentle quiet all that matters is You. My nose stings with the deep draw of cool air and yet my hear cannot drink deep enough. My ears long to listen closer to the crickets' song and yet my soul edges ever closer to hear your voice. My legs tell me twigs and bark are poking me and yet I only feel that you, God my Lord, that You are here and that You are holding me because You love me. So here i rest in the cool stillness of this October evening, not simply sitting under a tree looking at bright floating orbs, but falling deeper and more passionately in love with You.

Thank you God for this wonderful evening


No comments: