Monday, May 20, 2013

Living an Intentional Life starts now.

Hello Everyone!!
I hope and I pray that God has been blessing you and Challenging you *Yes!! Challenging you, for is only when we are challenged that we have the chance to grow. So I hope and pray that God has been challenging you and stretching you in so many ways that may not be comfortable.
I am doing well, so great!! I am so incredibly blessed and I am joyful! I am eager to talk to you guys because honestly my life has changed! All my life I have accepted that I will always struggle with sinning, that I will always be overweight, that I will always struggle with pleasing people, that I would always be single, that I will always struggle with my relationship with God…and why God wouldn’t come and take control over these things…but in reality I was wanting to sit back and let God come and do everything.
God is an amazing God. He is compassionate, merciful, loving, powerful, just and simply amazing!!! God will come the 99% and wait for you to come the 1% to Him. He is waiting at your side for you to come and fully surrender to who He is and what He wants to do for your life. You see I’ve realized Satan doesn’t mind if we are just doing nothing. He doesn’t mind if we sit back reading our bibles and crying together and then go about doing the same thing everyday. He would love if we are just going to act like and call ourselves Christian but not do anything about it. We are warned about this in James. James 1:22 “But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.” And it hit me, we have to be intentional.
We have to choose to have a relationship with God. We can say we are dating so and so but unless we go actively on dates with the person and get to know the person all it is is words. Our lives need to have intention. All my life I’ve been sitting back waiting for God to change my life so that it’s easy and therefore I am content but what good does that do? It creates fat, lazy, bottle fed ‘Christians’ who claim to be changing the world but are doing little more then sitting and watching it go by. Is this the life God has for us?! NO!! Of course not. God has said that He wants us to have a life and to live it to the fullest!! Living on the couch of life watching ‘life’ pass us by as our friends are on a conveyer belt to hell is NOT living the life we are called to or to the fullest. This creates people who don’t know what they believe or why they believe it. It creates apathetic people who are joining others on that conveyer belt who claim to be Christian but have nothing to show for it. People who say they are living the life but in reality they are on the same conveyer belt as those perishing
So how do we change? We’ve been this way all our lives, but how do we change? We choose to be intentional. We choose to stop accepting the complacent lies that Satan has given us. We CHOOSE TO BE MORE! We choose to not only change a little of our lives but every moment of our lives!! So how have I changed? I’ve become intentional about my relationship with God. I am doing devos every morning and waking up earlier each day to be sure I will have more time for God. I am choosing even in the first moments of my day to honor God with all that I am. *don’t get me wrong I am still messing up but I don’t let Satan get me down and I don’t let my sin take me away from God. I restore my life to Him and strive to be more, SERIOUSLY strive to become more!* I am following God’s leading in my life where it comes as far as a church spilt and going to the place that is NOT the easiest but is the perfect place for me. I am taking my life captive and trying to honor God through following the command to become a leader in that church and I am going to lead a book study for the Koreans/English service people starting Saturday. I have taken control of my life and I have joined a gym and I am going to no longer be this unhealthy again. I am going to be a woman who is healthy and honors God even through my eating habits and taking care of the beautiful temple God has given me. I have fully given God my love. This has been the hardest thing for me because I treasure my love the most. I have been praying for my husband since I was 12 years old and I have been dreaming about it since before then. But I am at the point that I have given it to God. If I am single for the rest of my life I will be filled with God and passionately follow after him. If I get married this next year, I will still be filled and passionately follow God. But if I am single, I can do more of a ministry for God and isn’t that for the best? Now am I hoping and praying still that I get married? Yes, but it no longer holds be chained to a ring as it had before.

I want you to think about this. If you do nothing, if you choose to not change anything in your life, then don't expect your life to be any difference then what it is now for your future. IF you never change your thinking, change your heart, change your words which change your life, then your life will always be the way it is now. Are you happy about it now? Are there things that need to change? Would just transforming your thinking and spending 30 mins each day FOR ONE MONTH with God change everything about you? Not unless you are intentional about it. Change yourself for the better now to transform your future later!!
How did this come about? God challenged me by asking if I thought that who I once was, was who I will always be. He asked me if I would be happy living the life I am or have now for the rest of the time? And that’s what I ask you. Have you accepted the lie from Satan that you are bound by the life you once and always have lived and always will have to live? That is a HUGE lie!!!
YOU ARE FREE! Now CHOOSE to live in that freedom!!
2 Corinthians 3:17
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Galatians 5:1
1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Colossians 1:21-23
21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation- 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
1 Peter 2:16
16 Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God's slaves.

I love you and I’m praying for you!! Please let me know how I can pray for you more!! I challenge you to get alone with God and Change your life! Ask him to show you how you need to change your life!! HE WILL Show you and YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!

So two paths lay before you....which will you choose?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such heart felt truth shared for all of us. God is showing you more of his power. Keep encouraging us in your blog. Thanks again.

Megan said...

Thank you so much Mrs Alicia!! God is changing me haha I told Amanda about all this last night and she said that I'm growing up which is true....it's more then that though...it's a life change :D I am praying for you I hope that you are doing well ^_^