Friday, January 23, 2009

My Testamonie


Ok so i was encouraged by one of my friends to write my testamonie on here, so... here goes lol! (thanks Matt) I do warn you, I am completely honest in here and I reviel a ton about me, more than I ever have. I would ask that you do no judge me, I am broken I am here though and open.ok well my name is Megan Kathleen Jarrell and i'm 20 years old. I was born and raised in Colorado Springs, Colorado all my life and blesed with an amazing family. Of course my life was not perfect, who's is? My father left when I was young leaving my mother to raise my two brothers one older one younger than I. My mother was a good mom, she raised us as best as she could, though the pressures of life did not help any. I had a rough childhood to sa the least... lol but I was blessed with food in my stomach and a warm(most nights lol) bed and a wonderous family!
I fainlly got the hang of life and began to really deeply bond with my mom and she got diagnosed with Breast cancer when I was in 4th grade. my mom went in and out of the hospital for different things over the next four years. They tried Kymo, radiation, as well as many other different types of treatments, they worked for a short time but then it always came back....My mother was no longer my mother... she was always out cold because of all the medication that she as on, she because a veggitable, somone i didn't know or didn't want to know.... I began to distance myself from her...it got so bad that she was forced to move into a nursing home. during the times when my mom was in the hospital, my brothers and I would stay with friends and one of those friends actually were the Ramseys. They ended up being our car pool during a hard time wtih my mom. Linda Ramsey ended up helping my mom so much by taking her to the store and many other things...it was a huge blessing.
Summer 2003 my mom asked the Ramsey's if they would be willing to take all 3 of us in once she passed away and they agreed even though they have 5 kids of their own....Well one thing that you need to know about me, I'm a HUGE clutz like hard core and well I'm kinda a chicken too lol and well my frieshman year... i ended up breaking my left ankel like hard core like shattered it and since I"m a clutz I kept falling and so my doc(who was a stud) told me to stay off it for a while and well, one day, Linda came into my room and she was crying and I knew instantly what was going down...my mom had gone to see the Lord.
THe ramsey's had paid for me to go to a winter reach in 2001 and I had ended up accepting the Lord though even though my mom was a DEVOUT christian and a wonderful woman of God. I had gone and while the pastor was preaching speaking of God's greace and mercry I was just getting mroe and mroe ticked off because I couldn't understand why or HOW a God who's so loving could and would give my MOM breast cancer....I litterally stood up and shout at him screaming and asking how the heck could a God who's so loving and mearciful give my mom breast cancer. I went and ran out into the snow... we were up in the mountains of Colorado... and and I ran and ran and ran all the while I heard God whispering I love you i love you i love you and then i eventually turned around freezing and out of breath I ended up back at scantuary at the bottom of the cross... one of my mentors and the pastor ended up being there and I ended up accepting Christ that night.
I went to Springs Frist church of the Naz. for like the rest of my times and One Wen. night after NYC(Naz. Youth Confrence) people were talking about how amazing it was and how God had changed their lives and all and I was not paying attenion because I was upset because my friend was not there with me because she couldn't go that night but they ended up playing a vid. from the event and there was this woman who said, "when the bellies of the children in Afric hurt becase they are starving your bellies should ache, and when the hearts of the mothers break because their children are dying from AIDS your hearts should break..." We had not sung any sonds but we stood to sing and God wispered "Go pray" and I was like no becasue I'm upset cuz my friend coulnd't be there that night and God was like "Go pray" and i was like no... and God said something that if He EVER says you neeeeed to do, whatever it is... He said "This is the last times I'm going to say it my dear Go pray" and so I was like ok...and i went to pray and as soon as I began to pray I begane to weep not knowing why and I prayed and prayed and then it hit my heart like a ton of bricks, my heart was breaking for the lsot and so I knew that I must go and help anyone and any way I can....
I now attend MidAmericaNazarene University in Olathe, ks I'm a Sophmore, I'm the class Chaplin, I was a youth pastor this past summer in Minot, North Dakota, which was amazing and completley like changing! I'm still broken and still not sure what God wants of me or anything so I'm waitnig and trusting and praying that God will make me into a Woman of God and that I'll be able to honor HIM with my life!
I am not perfect.... here is my honesty..... I have struggled with MUCH! I have been belimic, anarexic, I've cut, I've been susidal, I am broken! But it is within out brokenness that God uses us most, therefore, I write this to show that I AM NOTHING! I am useless but God is everything he is the one who makes the most beautiful things out of our crap and it's wonderful! we jsut must let go and let God! Rememeber Phil.4:13
I love you all so much and you all are HUGE blessings thanks you soo much and if you EVER need me please just call me I'm always going to be here for you no matter what!Acts 20:24
~Megan

No comments: