Monday, March 15, 2010

Destiny

Destiny:

A chance meeting of two souls
Eyes connecting across the square
Hundreds of people walk by as we stand still
Two frozen figures connected from the very depth of our being
We go unnoticed by the world here
Somehow my feet have drawn me closer to you
Somehow we floated together without me telling my feet to move
Closer, each step, each moment
Like magnets drawn from opposite sides of the world
Wanting, no, needing to be together
Face to face, a few feet separate us
You smile a grin that makes me no longer stand but float away
There is no need for words
For there are none
Our souls whisper what our mouths cannot
A moments passes, a breathe and I am in your arms
Kissing you with a passion unknown to most
I am unsure who moved first but that does not matter
For this was no chance meeting
This was destiny, drawing our hearts together
No one notices our embrace, for this is Paris the city of Love...

Time passes as a dream
Because this love is not allowed
We are two separate beings from two separate worlds
Will this last, I do not know
but you are here and I am here
Wrapped up in this marvelous dream
But I do not care, I can dream with you forever...

Today something is wrong,
Your embrace, your touch, your eyes say it
Even as the rest of the world fades
Your worries, your heart cries out to me.
I beg you to share
You say things have changed
You say that you must go...and I must stay
The world calls us back, reality beckons
You say this was a beautiful dream
But just that -- a dream

Silent tears of disbelief trace the lines of horror in my face...
And you walk away...
Music, reason, color, love, life, all are meaningless...
They fade away...
No! this cannot be...I won't accept it
And so I stay
Walking these streets we once walked together...
Tracing the foot steps we once shared
A cursed shadow tied to the piano you played in this once beautiful cafe
Forbidden to remember, terrified to forget
No one knows my heartache
No one sees my tears as I sit here in the corner of this once beautiful cafe
I sit waiting for you, watching the icing harden on my roll...
I do not care to eat, to breathe
Without you, life, breathe, everything is not needed
People brush past, I sit here unnoticed by the world
No one interrupts my unbroken gaze at nothing
Not even the cafe workers bother me anymore
Muffled voices attack my solitude
It is getting busy, I should leave
Yes it is later then I thought, that would be the best.
Will I ever be woken from this murderous slumber?
A sigh escapes my lips as I carry my untouched roll to the counter
Uttering empty thanks I walk away meeting no one's gaze

And just in time
A destroyer of my fragile solitude begins to coax a gentle melody out of the once beautiful piano
Tear burst forth from my eyes as the memories I had, now shatter upon this melody
No, NO! I must leave, I must run, I cannot hear this, not this...
This melody...deep hatred...this destroyer has no right
I must go, I must run, Now!
As I reach the door, I must look back
I must see the face of this destroyer, I must
Slowly I turn and look at that dark piano in the corner

No, this is an evil trick of my mind, my eyes
I want to look away, I have to look away, but I cannot
You do not see me, your eyes are shut
No emotion escapes except a single tear that traces a hard line down your cheek
I cannot move, even for those pushing past me
In utter despair, my legs leave me
My heart and mouth scream your name
And I am on the floor, weeping

The music has stopped, was it ever really there?
Were you ever really there?
No this is a cruel trick by my mind
A last ditch effort to grasp sanity
Yet now I feel your arms around me
If I will lose my sanity, this is the way to go
This smell, Your smell that rolls off your skin, intertwining with your hair
It intoxicates me
the warmth from your arms, O how I wish this were real!

I must stop this illusion before I go mad
I push it back forcing myself to reality
But this illusion is strong
Your face, your grasp, even my tears that have stained your shirt...
“This is not real.”
That Look which would have broken my heart if this was you..
“Not real? I am here, I love You, ONLY YOU!!!
This is Me holding you, this is me Loving you!'
I shake my head, trying to dissolve this beautiful illusion
“I will show you”
You grasp my face, looking into my eyes desperately and kiss me
This passion wakes me from my numbed slumber
You search my soul, whispering, “I love you, only you!”
And somehow, as your breathe tickles my lips, I know it is you
This is real, You are here and you do Love me
And this is all that matters,
You holding me, you loving me, this is all that matters!
<3

No comments: