Monday, March 15, 2010

Whispers

Whispers:


Whispered prayers of my yearning heart
A stirring at my very center
A great need for Love
Unquestionable and untamable love
Love the depth of which no man can give
At my very inner being a starvation grows
Unquenched by food or water
It cannot be touched by anything of this world
A desperate need to be known
Truly known and accepted
This thing eating away at me spreads throughout
Threatening to devour me
To take my very soul...


Then you lift my head
Lord, you take me in your arms
Holding me close as peace sweeps over me
For you know me.


Your Love is unconditional
Your Love is the gentle caress of water to my dry and cracking throat,
Your Love is the purest breathe that fills the deepest part of my lungs,
Your Love is the blazing fire which finally warms my frozen soul,
Your Love my Lord is that which saves me
Your Love is the Key to unlocking my dark chains
Your Love, Lord, is the answer to all
It is all I need
You are all I need
You are my Love, my life,
For Your love is my reason to live!

No comments: