Monday, March 15, 2010

EuNC

Ok so I left Denver at 5:35 ish and headed straight for frankfurt Germany. i had a 10 hr flight. the food wasn't bad at all :D and I watched Fame and Harry Potter and the 1/2 blood prince so it was overall really good. I sat next to this older french lady who spoke nothing but french it was fun because i've taken 3 years in high school and 2 semesters at MNU. it was awesome because i was able to help her with some stuff and one of the things was with the movie it was just awesome!
i got off at 11:25 am in Frankfurt and I went to pick up my luggage and since no one in a uniform was around i asked this young couple to help me with going through the airport to get to the train station. the lady told me that I was going to have to get a train ticket to get to the main station and I was ok ... so i went to the train platform down these stairs(yay escalator) and at that point asked an older couple if i was in the right area and they said no that I had to go back up the stairs and go to the long distance trains...
so i had to lug my 49.5 lb duffle up the stairs(the escalator only went down...) and my two other bag one easily like 15 the other between 10-15lbs back up the like tons of stairs only to find out that i was at the right place but I have to buy a ticket...sooo i got some help getting a ticket and then headed back down the stairs... once getting there and being completely out of breathe, I went up to this college age looking girl and asked if she knew when the train was to arrive and she, Katrina, proceeded to explain my short distance train ticket and my long distance train ticket to me and she also, once on the short distance train, sat next to me, talked to me and then when It was time to get off she got off with me and walked me to my next platform telling me what time i was supposed to be there and everything!!
so I had about an hour to kill and waited around. O Random thing, there are pigeons EVERY where in the train systems!! it was awesome I saw one and was waiting so fed one a piece of a cracker then there were 10 so I fed them the rest of the cracker and then there were 50!! it was insane!! so i stopped feeding them XD i did get like a VERY small cup of Coca because it was freezing and it was like 2 Euros which is like $3.50 so crazy expensive... but it was nice to have something warm
I got on my train and the lady who check train tickets came by and checked mine and I sat by myself and listened to my music and the stops. It was mostly empty which was nice. I then got off in Stuttgart and ran to catch my train down one flight of stairs under the trains over up more stairs to my platform and was able to get onto my train. it was fairly empty at the time but got busy quick and with my luggage with me i didn't have too much room but I was sort of able to sleep for a bit. I finally got into Singen at about 7:30pm!
I was told to look for someone who was in an EuNC sweater or had a sign with my name or something, but i saw no one on the platform, my heart sunk and my mind began to race but I lugged all my baggage down the stares and still saw no one under the trains... desperate i went up to this lady and told her I was waiting for someone from my school and asked her where she thought that they would wait. she directed me to the main floor and entrance of the train station and I started heading that way, thinking that if there wasn't someone there who was from EuNC that I had no idea how to call them or anything. and i was seriously considering sitting in a ball in the corner crying...
so I headed to the main are, consequently up more stair, but as i was heading toward the stairs a very tall girl in a black coat came down the stairs and once she saw me she smiled and so did i (and honestly at this point i think i would have gone with her even if she was not from the school haha JK JK mom :D I wouldn't've) but after smiling and most likely seeing the desperation in my eyes she asked if i was Megan and I seriously had tears in my eyes!! I was soo thankful!!! (Yay Lizz) she told me her name was Lizz and she helped me carry my duffel up the stairs(YAY!!!!) and we walked out to the car where Jon another student was waiting. she told me that her and Jon needed to go to the store and she informed me that lunch was provided but everything else was fend for yourself. So Jon lugged my bag into the van and we were off!
we went to Aldies!!(Yes they have them in Germany) got some food and headed to the school it didn't take too long and it was fun! it's always better to travel with others and since this was just about the first time I had been able to talk in English in like 2 days, i must admit it cam spewing out I kinda feel back for them :S but they didn't seem to mind...I got in that night and got unpacked meeting everyone in the school remembering just about no one's name, and staying up till about 2 am because I was on a high for being there and because I wasn't tired :D

the Next morning I found out how real jet lag is! I had set my alarm for 8:30 so I could shower and all before chapel... yeah I didn't get up till 9:45ish haha and even then I was completely exhausted but Lizz made sure I was up(ty dear!) and showed me where Coffee break was and I had my first REAL cup of coffee(I can never go back) and some peach thing, which was amazing! then went to my first class where there was a grand total of 6 people including me and the prof (it's Spiritual Formation) and then Lunch(which was amazing) and then My other class (Church History 2) i came back to take a nap after that class kinda just laid there for about an hour then deiced to get up and study studied for a bit, made myself dinner, talked with My mom, and hung out for a bit. Jet lag was still brutal and by 1:30 am i was still up but yeah I think i was out before 2.
today was a bit better to be in a routine but still jet lag was a beast but i didn't nap so I will God willing be able to sleep tonight :D so yeah Classes are amazing people here are sooo VERY amazing and I love it!
ANY QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO ASK :"D

No comments: