Monday, March 15, 2010

My Shield

My Shield:

 

I walk with you, Hand in Hand
I stay with you, in your Arms
You hold me tightly, So close
And yet so very far away...
For I have a shield, it protects me
I tell you my past, But I am protected
I let you come close, But I am protected
I share much with you but keep you at arms length
My shield is the only thing that keeps me safe, it keeps me whole
My mouth speaks many words, While I silence my heart
Have you seen my heart?
Can you feel my sorrow?
Have you seen my tears, the true tears of my heart?
Have you seen my true joy?
Have you heard my pure laugh?
No, no...for I am protected, hidden behind my shield..
So what shall you do?
Will you stay close but far away?
Or will you climb over my wall, to the true me?
Will you take away my shield and know me, accept me for who I am?
Will you fight to see me fully?
Will you fight to know me deeply?
Will you fight for me?

No comments: