Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Lunar New Year

Well Happy Lunar New Year to you all!!!


Yep it's today :D didnt know that well now you do :D
funny things happen on Lunar New Year. 1. In Korean age, Eveyone is 1 year older. they still celebrate your birthday on ur birthday buuuuut you are automatically one year older. Here's where it get confusing, if your Birthday isnt till say April like mine is well you may still be 23 but by Korean yrs you are actually 25 :P *they also count the time in ur mother's womb. so when you pop out you are 1 year old :D* so basically i aged 2 yrs in the last 6 days and still heavnt done much ha. 2. Everyone goes home. it's kinda like Thanksgiving for the states but eveyone travels to their nearest or oldest relatives. So Cheonan is Empty! 3. Eveyone eats rice soup. See Link at Bottom of page for a classic recipt :)


So what do most americans do on Lunar/Chinese New year?  Travel!! most everyone does haha most eveyone is gone buuuut i just got here and so that makes traveling minus to my appartment if u wanna nearly impossible. SO what Did I do on this Lunar New Year? weeeeeeell......I watched the Blind Side, Mem. of a Gaisha, showered, told myself 60 times I neeeeeed to clean my dorm room, layed in bed, played DAOC, and Finally got up and went for a wonderful walk. Found a park a good friend had told me about and worshiped God like there is no tomorrow. Then I came back to the dorms and made Korean Fajitas :D it was amazing I must say and now I'm on here chit chatting with you all amazing people. *see pics at the bottom* :)


But well all of you know me. I'm not one to just sit here and leave it at this breif summary of today. I want to challenge you. I want you to stop and look at your life. What does it mean. what does it matter? What impact are you having on those around you and the community that you live in? If you say idk or if you say nothing i want you to reallythink about it. God has placed us upon this beautiful planet to make an impact and if we are not making that impact then what is the purpous of our lives. we are called into a community with others. There should be a disire to help one another. WHY ISNT IT THERE? is it there in your life? Sure it's easy to say yes of course it's there i'd help an old lady whos' things feel on the bus or I'd help out a crippled man who is strugging across the street when then light is about to change. but that is just words. words are wonderful and powerful and can change lives but unless words are put into action all they are are whispers dancing upon the wind. I want you all to really think and pray about this. i know I am. What does my life mean if not I'm impacting those around me? 


Pictures from my walk :)


My dorm: 

View from my room:
Korean CHICKEN Fajias!!!!!!






Rice Soup ----> http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chinese-style-rice-soup-with-chicken-and-ginger-recipe2/index.html

No comments: