Friday, January 20, 2012

So this is what Korea's been like :)


Hey eveyone :D 
I hope and pray that God is blessing you abundently :D I have been reading my bible a ton and these verses stuck out :D
Psalm 50:14-15
"Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving,and perform your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”
 it's been a huge blessing to me because so many times we bargin with God when things get bad or when we want someting or whatever but God is saying just BE THANKFUL for what I am doing and have done in ur life and keep the promises you've made to me and I will be with you and I will delieve you :) So awesome

Ok So to cont. Day 2
I got up and ate and did devos and got ready and was ready like 15 mins before we said we'd meet and Brandon was late but we went down got like a sushi roll with tuna for breakfast *awesome* haha and went to a coffee shop to meet the other two teachers. we met Joshua and Lauren there and took a taxi to work *they switch off who pays it's cool :D* and i meet a few students on the way into the building and then i met everyone haha i dont remember names but I met everyone haha. I went to a few classes and watch and saw how Brandon taught and it was cool. i'm diffeately goign to have to practice my Teacher's Voice. then I went and met the Princapal and the Vp :) Vp was awesome was very loving she was the first asain to touch me :) it was nice. she even gave Brandon a hug because he's leaving but she's kinda the one that really runs everything. but when i met the Princapal I jsut bowed and kept quiet and smiled and was very poilet. it was veryquick but we met :) and then I took a taxi to KNU *Korean Nazarene University* and found my friend, Sujin. we went t lunch and had this AWESOME meal. and then we went and got my few bags, saw her appartment, and then went shopping. I got a few things and then we went back to My dorm room and unpacked. we ordered some food for liek 6 bucks I got awesom chicken, coldslaw, rice, a little cup of soup and of course kimchi haha.it was good and then we crashed. I slept form 7/8ish till 6 am haha and I was still sleepy
It was a mushroom soup wiht those green roots and we boiled it down and then when it got down enough we added the noodles and then at more and when it got down futher they added the eggs, rice and green peppers and made like friend rice it was YUMMY!!!

Day 3
I got up hungry *i've become REALLY hungry since i've been here it's like 445am and i've been up since 3am just munching because i'm so hungry!! yay bananas and organges* and so i ate some cereal or went to the common room to eat and actually ended up cleaning it and then ate and then was able to meet a really aweosme Ameican couple from Tenn. here and they let me barrow their converter box so I could get on the itnernet and charge everythign and then I skyped with my mom and Jenny and Ryon and Dad and Josie and Wayne :) it was really nice. then we went and got Kimbop whcih is the Sushi rolls it was good well the beef ones were haha the cheese one :P not so much it was American Cheese it's like the only cheese they have here except at CostCo. And then we went everywhere haha we ended up going back to my appartment and I found out that Brandon is leaving Monday so the appartment is offically MINE and I have my dorm. awesomeness :D and then we came back closer to the dorms and went shopping for more food and stuff because since Monday is new years here, eveyone will be visisting family and going on vacation and we werent sure if the stores would be open buuut I know where the store is and i feel comfortable enough to go there by myself. I'm stil not sure how I feel about taxis or the bus but I can try...maybe or i will be hidding out in my dorm hahahaha we shall see :D but we came home and I made sticky rice but then realized i couldnt work the stove so I had ramen and went to bed :) and now I'ts like almost 5am On Sat. the 21st and i have been up for 2 hrs cuz i was hungry and jet lag haha. But I wanted to let u all know I love you and I miss you :) AND I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!!

2 comments:

caplight2.0 said...

It sounds like you're having an awesome time. Loved reading about you adventures! Stay safe :-) Had to say that! When you're a Mom you'll understand. We continue to pray for you and will enjoy you updates. Love you...... Chris

Megan said...

Thanks Chris!!! i miss you guys so much!!! But I know that this is where God wants me so that makes it a little easier :) you are a blessing remember that