Thursday, January 19, 2012

Traveling and First day In Korea ;)

Hey all!!!

First, I hope that you all are doing well :D I want you all to know that I miss you SO VERY VERY VERY VERY much!!!

Ok so what's been going on??
Flying:
I flew from Colorado Springs, Co to San Francisco, Ca and from San Fran to Incheon International Airport in Seoul. *korea*  The short flight i didnt have anyone sitting next to me which was nice  leg room ^_^ and I was able to talk to the lady across the way from me and her kids. they were nice. then when I got on the flight to Seoul there were three seat and I had the window seat. there was an america man who sat in the isle seat but that was it :D again noone sat right next to me :D LEG ROOM :D we chatted he was from Boulder Co haha go figure but he is going to be in Korea till Monday on business. I slept some on the plan off and on it was hard to sleep for whatever reason but i tried and I took pictures a pic or two *see at bottom of blog* and it was fine. i creid so hard leaving Colorado but i was ok when we took off for Korea...haha ok so funny thing. we were a little late for boarding because they were changing the tires haha and then we were taxiing FOREVER because there was something wrong with the engin haha go figure but they fixed it and we took off I actually prayed a ton over the plane and i know that there were some of you wonderful ppl praying over me too so I THANK YOU!! We landed about 4:57pm in Seoul *12:57am Mountain time* about 30 mins after we were supposed to.

First day:
I got off the plane and followed the crowd to immigration no problems there and then to the tram and then to the luggage. I had to get a cart which YAY was free!!! and i finally got all my baggage somehow i got it all stacked so it stayed haha and then I went through customs no issues I walked into the lobby and found my amazing friend Brandon who had an awesome Megan Jarrell welcome to Korea sign haha My name was in English and Korea ^_^ He helped me push the cart across the street to the busses. Taxi drivers kept honking and yelling asking me if i wanted a ride ha I kept saying no no no but they are pushy haha. we finally got across the street and to the ticket place. Brandon picked out what we needed nd got it and we only lost all the luggage once. it tipped over but we got to the bus finally and just sat for a while which was nice i was tired and almost fell asleep but we were trying to figure out what we were going to do and i have like a billion questions. And Brandon had stories. haha so we finally decied that since I will be replacing Brandon and His apparment will be mine and since it was closer, we would go there and I could leave stuff there. So we will and he headed out for a birthday and told me the place was mine and that he would crash at his friends. So i went through and set up two bags i could take to the dorms i'll be living in for the first month and left the rest there. I was able to facetime with mom and dad a little which was really nice and then i decied to shower. haha Ok soooo Korean showers are very different from america showers. American showers have a curreten. Korean showers are in the bathroom. buuuut there is tile everyone around so no paint on the walls just tile and it's just a hand held nossel haha well needless to say water got EVERWHERE haha but i was clean. Brandon and I had stopped at a bread store one the way home and got some bread so I went to bed with a 1/2 or the cheesey apple bread w/jelly on it in my mouth and my water bottle. Brandon and I had talked about me going and meeting eveyone i would work with and the school i would be working at so I knew i needed to be up dresed and ready by 815am. It was about 11-12 when I crashed...haha weeeeeeell Jet Lag is real i woke up every hr on the hr almost finally gave up at 7am and just sayed up go figure haha

Ok mom is skype calling me I will finish later :D

2 comments:

tara said...

megan it's so nice to hear that you made it safe and sound!
and your shower story was funny!
i hope you get over the jet lag soon!
be safe, and i'll be praying for you over your wonderful journey!

Megan said...

Thank you so much Tara!!! you are amazing and I miss you so very much!!! I hope you realize how valuable you really are